The City of Sallisaw has scheduled a Chunk Your Junk Day for Saturday August 1, 2020
The event will be held from 7:00 am to 12:30 pm in the parking lot to the west of the Sallisaw Electric Department off of North Elm Street.
This event is for getting rid of junk that is easily hauled and handled by one person. Please note these rules:
- Event is for city residential customers within the city limits of Sallisaw. Please provide your utility bill.
- ¨Customers are responsible for unloading into the dumpsters.
- ¨All materials must originate from residential property. All items must be easily handled. No heavy items that require equipment to unload. No items requiring shovels to unload.
- ¨Items must fit in normal 1/2 ton truck bed with no side rails. Trailers up to 16 ft. with no side rails will also be allowed. ALL LOADS SUBJECT TO BE TURNED AWAY BASED ON CONTENTS AND WEIGHT.
- ¨Customers are asked to bag items as much as possible and to separate all metal.
- ¨Types of items accepted: Bagged leaves, small plants, metal, wood/lumber, landscaping materials, furniture, bedding, cans, bundled cardboard, small appliances (only if coolant/refrigerant has been removed).
¨ ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
- No brush, construction debris, shingles or commercial trash.
- No hazardous waste or free flowing liquids. No batteries, paint, oil, cooking oil, fuel, chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers, cleaning products, pharmaceuticals, butane/propane tanks.
- No appliances with coolant/refrigerant systems still connected.
- No Tires.